A22 - 10 a.m. 25/12/2010.
I was driving from the Algarve to Lisboa with my little
princess in the car. We were going to the Christmas lunch with the rest of the
family.
She was very happy telling me that because she had been a
good girl this year Santa Claus brought her some nice presents to her mother’s
house. She was also explaining which presents she received and the one’s she
liked more.
The highway was calm. Raining, windy, wet floor but . . . no
traffic.
Dangerously calm.
I was driving slowly as I always do when I’m with my life in
the car, 120 km/h locked in the cruise control.
Suddenly, like if a witch dropped them, I saw some big rocks
in the road . . . tried to avoid them but still crossed over at least one of
them and lost control of the car that started aquaplaning heading to the rails
. . .
During that very few seconds – from the moment I realized
the crash was inescapable until the car stopped up - I sort of prayed not for
the car, not for me.. Only for my little popcorn. I kind of established with
God that he could destroy the car, take my life.. more then 1000 times if he
wanted. The only “thing” that had to remain healthy was my little one.
I felt that he shacked my hand and kept only the car that
ended up crashed.
God was very generous as he always is . . . I wasn’t
injured, just like my daughter.
I guess I had never been so scared . . .
When I looked back and saw that my little one was OK it felt
like the happiest day of my life – when she was born - even though the car was
destroyed.
After sorting out things with the Police and taking
everything off the car with the help of family members a friend brought me
another car and we were able to carry on our trip.
We were late for the lunch, although we still managed to eat
the delicious meal that was prepared for us.
During the rest of the day I was concerned because I just
lost a car but at the same time glad for being well watching my kid opening her
presents and enjoying playing with them during the afternoon.
What’s a car comparing to that ?
Unforgettable Christmas day, that’s for sure!


Sem comentários:
Enviar um comentário